Motorhomes and campervans have enjoyed a huge surge in popularity in recent years.
More people than ever are discovering the joys of owning a small home on wheels.
Rockpoint in Staffordshire has seen interest in its campervans soar including specially converted models.
Among its most popular makes are the VW (Volkswagen) Transporter and Crafter, Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter, Citroen Relay, Renault Master and the Fiat Ducato.
Along with a range of bigger used motorhomes.
Rockpoint owner James Hoe said: “People love them for everything from a quick night away to a two-or-three-month retreat to Europe.
“Some people like to convert them themselves but If you do it on a budget you lose all the quality, you are better to buy one already done.”
Are you buying a motorhome or campervan for the first time?
Here is our motorhome and campervan guide for beginners.
First off, what is the difference between a motorhome and campervan?
Motorhomes tend to be bigger and are more comfortable to live in whilst campervans are for shorter trips and can also be used as your main vehicle as they aren’t too difficult to park.
In a camper van there is not usually a divide between the cab and the living part unlike a motorhome.
What do you need to consider when buying a motorhome or campervan?
1. How much storage do you need?
2. Do you want to stay on large campsites or in smaller areas and villages?
3. What facilities do you need? If you will be staying on campsites you won’t need so many.
4. What size vehicle will you be confident driving and what restrictions and extra costs do bigger motorhomes have?
5. Where will you keep/store your vehicle and how much will this cost?
6. Do you want a dual-purpose vehicle that you can drive every day and also holiday in?
7. Will you be travelling with children or other people? Some campervans only have seats and seatbelts suitable for two people to drive in.
8. How many people does it need to sleep and do you want fixed beds or will you make them up every night to make way for more room?
9. Check the size of the beds too as they vary a lot.
10. Do you need a bathroom or can you make do with a portable toilet or using campsite facilities?
11. What kitchen and dining facilities do you need, do you need an oven, hob and microwave or will you not be doing much cooking?
12. Check your driving license and the date it was issued to discover the size of the vehicle you are allowed to drive.
When buying a used vehicle, choose a reputable, trusted dealer like Rockpoint in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
Visit our website to see all the latest quality stock or call 01827 283496.
Please get in touch with any other questions you would like us to answer, email firstname.lastname@example.org